Tuesday 20 October 2020

Cactus Christmas Slimline Pop Up Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another sneak peek of the new release by Karen Burniston! I used the Long Nature Edges to create the curvy edge on my Slimline card. This die has stitching lines above and below the cutting line so one pass through your machine gives you two curved edges both with stitching marks. 

I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube:

The Holiday House set has a cute holiday lights die and I used half of it at the top of the frame after colouring it with Ohuhu markers. Then I added glossy accents on those as well as on the fussy cut cactus lights.

I cut the patterned paper about 3 x 8.5", then used the 'ground' die from the Long Nature Edges about 1/3 of the way down the card. The top portion was adhered right to the top edge of my card base, and the bottom portion was adhered right along the bottom edge. This gave me a ~1/2" area to add a sentiment. Of course, I gave the front of my card a spritz with a shimmer spray! Then I adhered the Seasons Greetings die cuts.

The Slim Frames are made to work with Slimline cards, and here I cut one from some coordinating patterned paper from the pad and I added a piece of acetate to resemble glass. I fussy cut one of the cactus images from a leftover piece of the patterned paper and popped it up on top of the frame. I knew I wanted to add glossy accents to the holiday lights otherwise I would have added it under the acetate.


Inside, I used one of the arms from the Upsy Daisy Pop Up. I've been playing with those arms lately and I love how well they work inside a Slimline Card. It's always great when you find even more uses for an older die set!

 
The sentiment is a cutapart from the patterned paper pad, as is the border and fussy cut barrel cactus inside.


Below is a better look at how much dimension you get using the Upsy Daisy Pop Up but it still fits inside a 3.5" deep Slimline card!


 

I have lots of ideas with this 'split' technique, including having a bright rainbow striped patterned paper showing through a subtle print or solid card stock. Small images can be placed in the space as well - remember you can make that opening as wide or narrow as you wish!

Supplies:

Patterned paper & cut aparts - Holiday Bash, Recollections

1152 Long Nature Edges - Karen Burniston (Shipping early November 2020)

1150 Slim Frames - Karen Burniston (Shipping early November 2020)

1151 Crosshatch Long Rectangles - Karen Burniston (Shipping early November 2020)

1044 Holiday House - Karen Burniston (Shipping early November 2020)

!022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston

1047 Upsy Daisy Pop Up - Karen Burniston

Acetate

Card stock - stash

Shimmer spray

Ohuhu Markers

Gold gel pen

Glossy Accents

Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!