Sunday 4 October 2020

Six Bright Birthday Cards



Hello crafty friends ...


Today I'm sharing my first group of cards made with the August Sheetload of Cards Sketch & cutting guide. This is available to subscribers of Alicia's YouTube Channel at Call Me Crafty Al and I am LOVING her Sheetload ideas. Never mind that it's such a cool name!

So this sketch is a basic layout that I have used often before. But I loved her cutting guide and the use of three different 6 x 6" sheets of patterned paper so I did use her measurements. Notice that each of my six cards has all three of the patterned papers on it! The August 2020 Sheetload will make six cards, so that is what I did but of course I changed up the sketch. That is the fun thing about sketches - they are a guide and you can make them work for you.


I have a shoe box of coloured A2 card bases that I am determined to use up. So whenever possible, I go through that for my nursing home donation cards. There were four navy ones that worked well for the patterned papers, so I used those up then added two white card bases to complete the required six for the Sheetload.



I made two of each design and the three designs are different enough to be included in a single month donation bag for my Mom's old Nursing Home. (I donate 25 Birthday Cards each month there).

Once I was done these three cards - I had to make another set - this was just too much fun. Those will be shared another day.

Supplies:
Sketch/Cutting Guide - August Sheetload of Cards, Call me Crafty Al on YouTube
Various card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Crafts (from our Dollar Store)
Stitched circle - MFT Stamps
Sakura black glaze pen
Bonanza Buddies - Stampin' Up
Cactus - Year 10 - Lawn Fawn
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Copic Markers
Word stamps - May 2015 Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up
Moose punch - Stampin' Up
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Nuvo Drops

Card size - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!