Tuesday 27 October 2020

Blue and Green Holly Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

I'm back today sharing another card with Karen Burniston's upcoming release and another way to use the Holly Pattern Plate die! 


I also used the new Crosshatch Long Rectangle dies which are perfect for Slimline cards! After die cutting the largest Crosshatch Rectangle, I cut the Holly Pattern Plate twice from green patterned paper with some sparkly bits in it. Those were layered at the top and bottom of the rectangle snipping off any overhang on the edges. I didn't' worry about how they matched up in the centre, because I covered that area with layers of card stock and more sparkly patterned paper using the same Crosshatch Long Rectangle dies. 

Since the berries were cut from blue glittered card stock, I also die cut the Merry Christmas from it and adhered it on the top white layer in the card centre. Then the panel was adhered to my Slimline card base.


Inside I added two more layers cut using the Crosshatch Long Rectangles, adding a stamped sentiment, strips of the sparkly striped paper and a single leftover holly sprig.


I enjoy making Slimline cards, Christmas cards and I like some sparkle on my cards these days ... so this one ticked all my boxes!

Supplies:

Patterned paper - Countdown to Christmas, My Minds Eye

1151 - Crosshatch Long Rectangle - Karen Burniston

Various card stocks - stash

1149 Holly Pattern Plate - Karen Burniston

Blue glitter card stock - Stampin' Up

1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston

Sentiment - Jar of Cheer (retired)

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!