Friday 23 October 2020

Haunted House Pop 'n Swap

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a Pop 'n Swap Halloween Card using dies by Karen Burniston. I also have a video walk through for you on YouTube.

My card today started when I pulled out my Halloween Cards to see what I'd made last year and how many I would need to make for this year. I pulled out a card that had been in the bin for at least 5 years!! I loved the card, but the trouble was it was very bulky from the chipboard elements I had used on the pop up inside and it would cost waaaaaaaaay too much to mail. I figured I would hand deliver it, but never had the opportunity to do that. So this year I decided to pull it apart and use the elements to make a card I COULD mail.

I kept the card front fairly simple because all the fun is on the inside.


As you could see in the video, when the card is opened the moon slides down behind the haunted house and the ghost pair appears. The die used was the Pop 'n Swap - it's so fun!


The owl on the tree even has a real feather on it! I went over the tree with a gold shimmer pen - this was before I had the shimmer spray or I would have used that.


The chipboard haunted house has several layers to it so that added to the bulk on the previous card.



I had fun re-making this card - the Pop 'n Swap is fun to play with and makes for a fun card to receive too!

Supplies:

Patterned paper - Happy Haunting, Stampin' Up (retired)

Stickers - possibly Jolee's Boutique?

1133 Pop 'n Swap - Karen Burniston

Nuvo Gold Shimmer Pen

1058 Halloween Charms - Karen Burniston

1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston

Card size - 4.25 x 6", fits in an A6 envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!