Wednesday 28 October 2020

Thanksgiving Treat Holders


Today I'm sharing the treat holders I gave to our daughters for their Thanksgiving tables this year. The Canadian Thanksgiving was earlier this month, but because of COVID we weren't able to get together and celebrate as a family. Well - lets be clear. We CHOSE not to get together BECAUSE of COVID. Apparently lots of Canadians thought that COVID shouldn't interfere with their Thanksgiving and went ahead with their traditions and family dinners and a big rise in the number of positive cases increased accordingly. As our Health Minister says ... COVID loves a party. Sigh.

We dropped off the treat holders with a porch visit, but (shiver) porch visits aren't going to be nearly as much fun now that the weather is turning colder!  


The Treat Holders were part of the September Paper Pumpkin Kit, and it was a kit that was JAM PACKED with embellishments. You could make either Thanksgiving Treat Holders or Halloween ones ... or both! 

I filled these ones with Hershey's Kisses, but didn't do too much embellishing because I know that the grandkids would just be ripping them open to get the candy. I wanted them to look nice on the table but also didn't want to put too much time and effort into them for that reason. Thus, I have a TON of elements leftover to use on future treat holders or cards etc etc.


All in all I made 9 of these Thanksgiving Treat Holders, then joined two together to make one larger diameter one for my husband & I to share (we had our own special dinner, just the two of us) but time got away from me and I didn't get that one finished. I guess I'll have it for next year!

Everything came included in the Paper Pumpkin kit but the punched Tailored Label which is also by Stampin' Up.

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. Cute Thanksgiving treat holders! This is a great idea for connecting with family and loved ones during these times while staying safe. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are keeping safe, loving your treat holders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!