Wednesday 16 October 2019

Tall Reindeer Christmas Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm playing along with my second card for the Your Next Stamp Fun Friday Challenge #124 "Go Long", where we are to make a 4 x 9" card that fits in a business envelope. This is my second card for the challenge - it was fun to make a different sized card than I usually do.

I wanted to make another Christmas card, but looking through my YNS collection I realized that most of the holiday images I have of theirs are now retired or didn't work for this card. So thinking outside the box, I chose to use the sentiments from the Santa Express Train Carts   Now you don't have to use YNS products to enter the challenge, but since they are the ones hosting it I like to use their stuff!

When I went to grab a white envelope from my stash - they are actually inside a little cubby in my craft room - I was happy to see that I had a couple of these pearlized white ones. Perfect for a holiday card!


I have a big stack of patterned paper for Christmas, and have vowed not to buy any more this year. I chose three different packages ... this traditional one by My Minds Eye, a fun one by Doodlebug, and a super sparkly pink and blue one also by My Minds Eye. These three packages are what I will be using for my holiday projects until they are gone. Instead of hopping around from package to package, I'm hoping that by choosing just these ones it will help me whittle down my pile

So this card uses both the patterned paper and the printed embellishments that were in the package, which is where the holly, plaid banner and reindeer came from.



The Your Next Stamp Gumdrops are more than a little addicting - such a fun way to add a little somethin' somethin' to your project. I pulled out two different packages for my card, so I could add a red one to the reindeer's nose and gold ones to the YNS Stitched Fishtail Banner and the little plaid banner element.



Inside I used a few more printed elements along with a scrap of the music print paper. I stamped the greeting from the Santa Express Train Carts on the label and popped it up with some foam tape.



I added some detail with a gold gel pen on both the front and back and my card was finished. 

Supplies:
Stitched Fishtail Banner die - Your Next Stamp
Pixie Dust Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Winter Wonderland Sparkly Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Santa Express Train Carts (sentiment stamps) - Your Next Stamp
Red, white card stocks
Patterned paper and elements - Comfort & Joy, My Minds Eye
Sakura gold gel pen
White embossing powder
Pearlized white envelope - my stash

Card size 4 x 9", fits in a standard business envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!