Sunday 20 October 2019

My First 'One Sheet Wonder' Birthday Cards

Hello my crafty friends

I really enjoy working assembly line style and creating multiple cards. I always have! I have also always wanted to try a 'One Sheet Wonder' template. Originally, a One Sheet Wonder was a sheet of card stock (often letter sized) that you stamped all over with the images of your choice then cut into sections to decorate multiple cards. With the arrival of patterned papers and the 12 x 12" size, OSW's became a way to make multiple cards from a single sheet of patterned paper. Especially since there are such gorgeous prints these days!

I chose a template by Seongsook Duncan (link in the supply list) because I liked that it required a double sided patterned paper. Since this was the first time working with a OSW, I chose not to do any matting but I can see how much that would add to the cards so the next ones (and there WILL be more) I will add the matting layers.

I got eight cards from the single sheet of double sided patterned paper and then had lots of fun choosing what elements to add to keep the cards different enough to all be included in the same bag for my Mom's old nursing home. I like the residents to feel special when they receive their cards, so rarely include more than two of a single design. These ones are bright and cheery even without the matting and I am very happy with how they turned out.


These two have a die cut balloon with a bakers twine bow, and while the balloon on both is the same, the layouts are different.


These ones have a die cut party hat - in different colours and each on a different layout.


I used a shooting star die that is intended for shaker cards, but it works great for embellishments too! These two are the only ones that are very similar in design.


The final two, with punched balloons on one and a fun dog sticker on the other.


The inside of all eight cards was done the same, using the MISTI for perfect placement and no 'oopses' on any of the cards. Each was stamped two times with the blue ink for a nice bold image.


I have to say how much I liked working with this template! And of course my head started reeling with all the other cards I can make with the gigantic stack of patterned papers I have here!

Supplies:
One Sheet Wonder Template:  Seongsook Duncan, click HERE
White, orange, red, green and yellow card stocks
Patterned paper - double sided, Birthday - Scrapbook.com
Balloon die - Lawn Fawn
Party Hat die - Stampin' Up
Yellow patterned paper - scrap from my stash
Balloon Punch - Stampin' Up
Shooting Star Die - Stampin' Up
Dog Sticker - Mrs. Grossmans (Old, from my stash)
Stitched Wavy Circle die - Your Next Stamp
Fitted Hexagon die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Black pen
Stickles
Stitched Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday, Birthday Basics - Papertrey Ink
Words inside - Stylish Sentiments Birthday, Papertrey Ink
MISTI
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card sizes - A2 (4 1/4" x 5-1/2")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I think these are the nicest one sheet wonder cards I have seen, love the use of the doubled sided papers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!