Tuesday 8 October 2019

Tall Christmas Card

Hello my crafty friends

The Fun Friday Challenge #124 at Your Next Stamp is "Go Long", where you are to make a 4 x 9" card that will fit into a business sized envelope. Fun!!  You can find all the details HERE.

I enjoy making cards that are a different size from the standard A2, so this challenge was right up my alley. For the layout, I chose an older sketch from the Crazy4Challenges site ... C4C475.


I had just received this lovely copper foiled patterned paper as a gift, and I was anxious to crack it open and make a Christmas Card. I pulled out this YNS die (Houses on a Hill) and cut it from the top edge of a blue 4" square. Then I cut it again from cooper foil card stock and off set the copper one a little. I added Karen Burniston's Merry Christmas cut from the same copper foil card stock, and a couple of die cut snowflakes from the Sleigh Pop Up die set.

It does look a little 'off' in the photos, because it's so hard to capture the shine from the foil card stock. The card looks much better in real life, and not 'off' at all.


Inside I added one more Row of Houses and an embossed sentiment on the cream panel.


I was happy to find a package of brushed gold business envelopes in my stash that I have had for many years - and there are still quite a few left in the package. It works so well with this elegant holiday card!

Supplies:
Blue and cream card stocks
Patterned paper - Brightly Gleaming, Stampin' Up
Houses On A Hill die - Your Next Stamp
Copper foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1065 Merry Christmas - Karen Burniston
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Inside stamp - Mingle All the Way, Stampin' Up
Russet embossing powder
1021 Sleigh Pop Up (Snowflake) - Karen Burniston
Gold envelope (business size0 - Recollections (stash, very old)

Card size - 4 x 9"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!