Wednesday 30 October 2019

Owl Shaker Halloween Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today I'm playing along with Your Next Stamp's Fun Friday Challenge #125 which is 'TRICK or TREAT'. You can find all the details for the challenge HERE.


Yesterday I made a shaker card for the challenge, and since I still had shakers on the brain, I made another one. I think yesterdays card can go to our Granddaughter Alma next year, and Ilai can have this one. Now I'm two cards ahead for 2020, ha ha. Actually I do enjoy working ahead so this is not all that unusual for me. 





I have had this owl die for years, and I thought the fall away eyes would be the perfect area for a shaker card. I added two YNS Gumdrops on top of the acetate to make the eye stand out a little more.




This Happy Halloween from Karen Burniston's Halloween Charms cuts as a single piece and that makes it so easy to adhere. I cut it twice from black card stock, then stacked them on top of each other for a nice sturdy element.




Inside I added the greeting from Your Next Stamp's Spooky Fun stamp set, which is part of their mini release for October. I love it when stamp companies include an actual greeting in their sets and not just the typical 'Happy Halloween' etc.




The patterned paper has embossed sparkly bits in it, so I clear embossed the greeting to match.



Supplies:

Owl die - Sizzix Bigz
Patterned paper - Night and Fall, Recollections
Acetate
Filler - stash
Yellow, black and cream card stocks
Sakura white gel pen
Fun foam
1058 Halloween Charms - Karen Burniston
Retro Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Spooky Fun Stamps - Your Next Stamp
Wink of Stella
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Clear embossing powder

Card size 5 x 6" which fits in a 5 x 7 envelope



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. now this is my type of Halloween card haha ... love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Shaker Owl Card - --- I enjoy making a shaker - this one is so super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!