Tuesday 15 October 2019

Doggie Sympathy Card

Hello my crafty friends

Today's card is for friends whose sweet young dog crossed the Rainbow Bridge last month. These friends have received numerous cards from me over the years, and I wanted to use a different die set so it would be special for them.

For the front of the card I used an idea I saw on Pinterest last year, where just a portion of a dog was punched out of the right side of a die cut heart. I cut two hearts, one from red and one from black. After punching out the dog from the red heart, I backed it with the black one for the silhouette effect. Zoey was a mostly black dog, so I liked that it made the card a little more personal.



The Paw Print Panel die is from Your Next Stamp, and I backed that with black card stock before mounting it to my card base. Then I went in and coloured all the little hearts with a black glaze pen so they catch the light.


Inside I used the 3D Pop Up Drop In, but I added two additional cuts and folds to give it a little something extra.



The black card stock is very lightweight so I punched four dogs and adhered them on top of each other to create a nice sturdy element.

Supplies:
3D Pop Up Drop Ins - the Stamps of Life
Patterned paper - A Dogs Tale, Echo Park
Kraft, black and red card stocks
Pawprint panel die - Your Next Stamp
Stitched hearts - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Happy Tails stamps and coordinating dog punch - Stampin' Up
1104 Triple Flip (small hearts) - Karen Burniston
Sakura black glaze pen
Nested stitched label dies - Stampin' Up
Punched heart design on the front inspired by stampin911hq on Pinterest.

Card size - standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!