Thursday 17 October 2019

Penguins and Stars Birthday Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

I'm back today sharing another card duo using my new Playful Penguin stamp set. This time I used a layout I haven't done in ages, and I'd forgotten how much I like it. Simply trimming a 3/4" strip from the right edge of the card front gives it a whole different look.


I used a stitched rectangle to die cut the star paper and adhered it inside on the right side so it shows when the card is closed. The star paper is old, from my stash and there was only a partial 12 x 12" sheet in the drawer.

The penguin and ground were stamped on a piece of confetti card stock then I added a teal stitched frame over it. I white embossed the 'Oh Happy Day' below the matted penguin layer and added a red stitched star.


Here is a peek at the inside, where I stamped the words and added a larger stitched red star to tie it all in together.


Both cards will be donated to my Mom's old nursing home.

Supplies:
Green, teal and confetti card stocks
Star patterned paper - leftover pieces from my stash
Vertical Stitched Strip die - MFT Stamps
Playful Penguins - Stampin' Up
Stitched frame - Lawn Fawn
Sakura black glaze pen
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
White embossing powder
Stamps - Inside and Out Birthday, Taylored Expressions (retired)
Stitched Rectangle die - Your Next Stamp
Stitched star dies - the Stamps of Life

Card Size: A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. You are making some wonderful cards with this stamp set

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!