Saturday 12 October 2019

Ghosty Greetings Waterfall Card

Hello my crafty friends

I have a Halloween themed Waterfall card to share today, using the adaptation Karen Burniston came up with for her Frame Pull Pop Up and older paper & stickers from my stash.


A different company recently came out with a waterfall die set, where the pull arm is wider than the one that comes with the Frame Pull Pop Up. Hmmmm ... So I added a 2.25" wide strip of black card stock to the pull arm and it worked like a charm. I made it extra long, and just trimmed it to the length I wanted after I was done decorating the card. There was room for a rectangle of the super sparkly patterned paper on the end and I added an arrow for the recipient so they know what to do when they open the envelope.

I found a sheet of these fun foil stickers in my stash, so used them for this card and managed to use up the whole sheet! I've had them for YEARS, so I was happy to finally use them. I outlined each of the orange patterned paper squares with a sparkle pen for additional sparkle. Between the sparkly embossed patterned paper, the foil stickers and the sparkle pen - this is one shiny card!


When you pull the arm to the right, each of the panels flip to reveal another panel and I will write our message on the black card stock arm with a white gel pen. The message will be revealed as you pull the arm!





As usual, I made this Waterfall Card in a post-card (flat) style, but if I want room to write more I can do that on the back where I added another panel of patterned paper from the pack.


I liked the idea of a wider arm so much, I immediately made a Thanksgiving and a Christmas Waterfall card and will share those in the coming weeks. You can even add a gift card to the arm, as long as the inside edge tucks under the mechanism. Fun!

Supplies:
Black card stock
1070 Frame Pull Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Midnight Magic, Recollections (old)
Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz
Foil ghost stickers - Amscan (old, from my stash)
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Stitched rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Circle die - Hero Arts
Sakura black glaze and sparkle pens
Black enamel dots - Stampin' up

Card size - Standard A2 (5.5 x 4.25")

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Turned out great and looking forward to the other 2 - now I have to try that! Got me inspired! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooo Karen...I have this die set and I was looking at the "waterfall" one from the "other" company and it THRILLS me that you and Karen Burniston have adapted this to work like a waterfall. It saves me sooo much money and I LOVE the wide pull tab you adapted. I like the idea of putting a gift card there. Now I have to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. spooktacular waterfall card, I had been thinking of doing something similar next time I make one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!