Sunday 27 October 2019

So Cool Penguin Card Duo

Hello my crafty friends

I had been browsing Pinterest and saw this sketch by Mary's Cardz TV.  I thought it would well for the Playful Penguin stamp set, so that is what I went with for my card duo today.

After making the last two Penguin birthday cards, I still had two strips of the star patterned paper left. I went through some 6 x 6" patterned paper stacks and found this one with coordinating colours and prints so that is what I used for the rest of the sketch. In fact, the remaining pieces were partial sheets in the package so I was able to use them up too!


Each of the penguins got a green enamel heart for a little somethin' somethin'. I also added some 'wiggle' lines with a black marker.



On the inside panel I added a strip of washi tape for a pop of colour.  I didn't want to cut into another sheet of patterned paper and create more scraps, since I had just used up so many! I also like that this completely unrelated stamp works so well with the penguins!


These will both be donated to my Mom's old nursing home.

Supplies:
Teal, black and confetti card stocks
Patterned paper - Summer Bliss, Echo Park
Star patterned paper - leftover scrap
Playful Penguins - Stampin' Up
Words - Twice the Wishes, MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Sakura black glaze and white gel pens
Black pen
Washi tape
W1 Copic marker
Crayola marker
Enamel heart - Doodlebug

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!