Thursday 3 September 2020

Slimline Shaker Back To School Card



Hello crafty friends ...

I can't believe that we have two Grandsons starting Grade One this year! Our middle daughter and family moved a couple of weeks ago and are SO happy that there was room for Ilai in the neighbourhood school.  Now only miss Alma is the only Grandchild not in school - time goes by SO fast! This is the card I sent to Ilai - he will be excited to be starting a new school.

I used the star die from Your Next Stamps Scrapworks Mini Starburst die set as it cuts the stitching line on both sides of the cutting line. It was cut from a printed panel and I added the cutaway star back inside so the coloured pencils go all the way across the card.



Inside, I added some additional pattern and colour using a stencil and my I-crafter blending brushes.



I did an an extra stamp to this one because of the thickness, and sent it on it's way to their new address. This will be his first 'happy mail' in their new home!

Supplies:
Printed Element - unknown
Various card stocks
Embossed Edge Nesting Slimline dies - Kat Scrappiness
Black marker
Fineline markers
Scrapworks Mini Sunburst Die Set (stitched star die) - Your Next Stamp
Acetate
Various filler form my stash
Bakers Twine
Banner - Martha Stewart (old, from my stash)
Nuvo Drops
Stencil inside - Stackers, Paper Smooches 
I-crafter Blending Brushes

Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!