Saturday 26 September 2020

Sympathy and Birthday Card Duo's


Hello crafty friends ...

I have a video walk through of these cards for you on YouTube:


Note - now that 'they' have changed Blogger (grrrrrrr) I found that you couldn't see the videos from an iPhone. It just didn't show up. Nothing. WTH??? If you scrolled down to the bottom of the post on your phone screen and clicked 'view Web Version', the video showed up no problem. So I did some research and found out that now I have to go into the HTML and delete some code for the video's to show up on an iPhone. Come on, Blogger - how does this make things better for any of us? But thank you to those that shared their tip online!! And I will be checking this post from my iPhone in the morning to be sure it worked. Fingers crossed .......

Earlier this week I shared a Slimline card duo made using Stampin' Up's Forever Fern bundle and the Split Stamping technique recently shared by Jennifer McGuire. For these four cards, I started with two 8.5 x 5.5" panels of matte coated card stock and stamped the greenery right up the centre. Cutting the panels in half gave me 4 pieces to trim and layer onto my card front!

Since I went over the details in the video, I'll keep the comments here to a minimum. I made two Birthday and two Sympathy Cards, and below are the two sympathy cards.



I did add a bit of gold shimmer to one of the leafy die cuts, as well as some gold Glitter Dots. I don't like a lot of bling on a sympathy card but nestling those stickers among the greenery helps keep the focus on the sentiment.


Below are the two Birthday Cards. For these two I kept the leafy border at the bottom of the card and added some additional sparkle and sequins.


I die cut one of the 'wreaths' from the (retired) Swirly Scribbles die set from gold card stock, then snipped it in half and added one half to each card above the gold border strip.


Inside the cards are a stamped greeting, a pair of die cut leaves and I used the leftover piece of the gold foil border from the front.



Supplies:
Matte coated card stock
Forever Fern Bundle - Stampin' Up
Subtle Embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1/4" Quick Strips die - the Stamp Market
Card stocks - my stash
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Here for You - Waffle Flower
Gold Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Nuvo Glitter Pen, Aztec gold
Heart Epoxy Droplets - Stampin' Up
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Sympathy words - Stampendous
In & Out Birthday - Taylored Expressions
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia
Birthday Words - Cool Tag Banner Sentiments, Your Next Stamp
Swirly Scribbles die - Stampin' Up

Card sizes - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!