Thursday 24 September 2020

Slimline Forever Fern Card Duo



Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a Slimline card duo made using the Forever Fern bundle from Stampin' Up. I tried really hard not to purchase this bundle when it was first released, but I could not hold out any longer, ha ha. I love leaves and a set like this is a classic that can be used for years!

I pulled out some matte coated card stock, which behaves like glossy card stock but doesn't have the same shine. Then I decided to try Jennifer McGuire's technique of 'split stamping'. I took a double width of the card stock and stamped randomly up and down the very centre. Then I simply chopped it in half which gave me two panels with lovely leaves stamped down one side. For these cards, I rotated one so both would have the leaves coming from the left side. 

Note, I did more than these two panels and those cards will be shared later this week.


Additionally I stamped a few of the leaves on some scrap card stock and cut them out with the coordinating dies then layered a cluster along with some die cut leaves from the bundle. A gold foil card stock strip as well as a few gold sprigs completed the cards. I made one a Birthday Card and one is a 'thinking of you'.


The Birthday card has a stamped sentiment inside and a few more stamped leaves while the Thinking of You card just has the leaves. I also stamped the leaves onto the envelopes to dress them up a little.


Supplies:
Matte coated card stock
Forever Fern Bundle - Stampin' Up
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Embossed Edge Nesting Slimline Dies - Kat Scrappiness
Thinking of You - Hero Arts (old)
Happy Birthday and words inside - The Inside Scoop, Taylored Expressions
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Gold Fever Confetti - Studio Katia

Card sizes, both - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!