Saturday 12 September 2020

Grandparent's Day Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the card I sent to my Mother In Law for Grandparent's Day. 

I had this cheerful floral paper in my stash and I am NOT ready for fall yet so didn't want to go with earthy tones. The colours could easily be swapped out though, if you wanted to recreate this card. 

I die cut the Waves Slimline Die from yellow card stock and backed it with a transparency before adhering it over the floral paper. I have been doing this for a long time - I just love the shine you get, and that it is something unexpected. 


You may have noticed that there are no sequins or extra bling (what???) but with all the shine from the acetate, I thought adding more would just be too much. Yes, I actually said that I could have too much shine on a card. Ha!


Here is a peek at the inside, where I added a few of the fallaway pieces back onto the white panel for some colour and to tie in the card front.


I love that Karen Burniston adds heart dies to many of her sets, so I pulled out this small heart from the Katherine Label die set and cut it out of one of the stitched hexagons. Then I backed it with a small transparency piece and scrap of the pink card stock. I just love this little addition!


I send this lady a Grandparent's Day card every year, and have since 1985. Every Single Year. And every year, she say's something off handed like "I didn't know Grandparent's Day was a thing, but thanks for the card". I refuse to quit sending them to her, because I know she loves her grandkids and great grandkids and I want her to feel appreciated. So once again, this one was made with love and sent on it's way.

#suysjul2020 #showusyoursheetload

Supplies:
Various card stocks
Patterned paper - Easter Floral, Echo Park
Transparency sheet
Slimline Waves Die - Whimsy Stamps
Stitched Hexagons dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Copic Markers
Sakura Black Glaze and White Gel pens
Honey Bees - stamps and coordinating dies, Studio Katia
So Grateful - Happy Hayrides, Your Next Stamp
White Embossing Powder
Wink of Stella
Black Sharpie
1011 Katherine Label (small heart) - Karen Burniston

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Marisela Delgado said: Such a beautiful card! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!