Sunday 13 September 2020

July Sheetload of Cards



Hello crafty friends ... 

If you follow my blog you know that I rarely post my cards in the same order I make them. I keep track of my blog posts in a small planner, and the last two months has been crazy with the number of changes because of shipping delays or Design Team requirements, last minute cards to share etc. In fact, I was getting so tired of scribbling out the posts to write in the new ones, or erasing them if I used pencil then having to re-write them again on a different date ... I have started writing them down on a small Post-It note for each day in the planner.

Just yesterday I had to swap two blog posts around because I was asked to take on a different DT date than I had been scheduled for. So ... these cards were supposed to be shared in July, but the post got moved a couple of times and here we are.

For my eight Birthday Cards today, I used the July Sheetload of Cards by Call Me Crafty Al's   for the sketch and cutting template. I will have her link at the end of my post above the Supply list.

This is a card layout I have done many times over the years but I loved having the measurements to utilize two 12 x 12" sheets of patterned paper to efficiently create eight cards.

This time I used the sketch more as a guide, which is the great thing about sketches! I actually used an older 6 x 6" paper pad instead of 12 x 12" papers and made two sets of four ... here are the first four cards:


I have a bunch of these chipboard elements in my stash - I believe they are supposed to be bookmarks for children but they make great embellishments for the Birthday Cards I donate to my Mom's old nursing home.


The insides were done the same ...



Here is the second  set of cards ...





I added Nuvo Glitter Drops to each of the eight cards, as well as on some of the embellishments for a little sparkle.





This July Sheetload was a lot of fun and I will be doing it again for sure. I got all eight of these cards made in one evening!

Call me Crafty Al's July Sheetload of Cards can be found HERE.  The template is free to subscribers of her YouTube channel and I think it's well worth subscribing. Her Sheetload series is SO much fun and such an effective way to use up your stash!!


Supplies:
Call Me Crafty Al - sketch and cutting template
Various card stocks
Patterned paper - Welcome To Paris, Prima
Chipboard embellishments - stash (unknown)
Tailored Tag (to punch banner tails)
Happy Birthday - Perennial Birthday (Stampin' Up)
Inside words - Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps
Stickles
Nuvo Drops

Card size - All, Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. that definitely is a sheet load of fun cards you have created :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!