Monday 28 September 2020

Eight Fall Leaf Masculine Birthday Cards


Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog! When I was poking around in my "In Progress' bin, I found an envelope with eight of these fall leaf paper panels. They were already matted with brown card stock and had been tied with the ribbon, and I think I must have started them one year to make Thanksgiving cards for my Mom but didn't get done. I decided to turn them into masculine Birthday Cards to donate to my Mom's old nursing home.


I made two of each design - and this one uses the trophy die from I-crafter's Best Dad die set cut from gold foil card stock.


I thought the owls would be fun - haven't used them in awhile!


I stamped the owl in brown ink, and only added colour to his eyes. Then I went over certain areas with a gold glitter pen, which gave the image some depth (and shimmer!) and added glossy accents to the eyes so they also shine. The star sequins were leftover from the August Paper Pumpkin kit and since they were still sitting on my stamping table I added a few to the cards.



These two have a vintage train image, as well as a fishtail banner with a few more gold stars. 



The final two have a die cut gold foil label. When I pulled out the package of gold foil card stock to die cut the trophy's, these two labels were inside! They were obviously cut for a different project but never used.


I added a large orange leaf sprig behind the ribbon and labels, as well as two gold foil sprigs.


It was fun going through my stash and choosing what elements I would add to the cards. I did one pair each evening until they were all finished. 

Supplies:
Various card stocks - stash
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Ribbon
Patterned paper - unknown (these panels are many years old)
Best Dad (trophy) - I-crafter
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Tiny Stapler - Tim Holtz
Fishtail Banner die - MFT Stamps
Cool Tag Banner Sentiments (let's celebrate) - Your Next Stamp
Star sequins - August Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up
Large Birthday - Technique Tuesday
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Crayola Markers
Forever Fern Bundle, Stampin' Up
Nuvo Glitter Pen - Tonic Stucios
Bonanza Buddies - Stampin' Up
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Still Night Bundle, Stampin' Up
Glossy Accents
Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps
Traveler - Stampin' Up
The Inside Scoop - Taylored Expressions
Sakura white gel pen
Water Brush

Card sizes - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!