Sunday 27 September 2020

Rainbows & Zebra's Card Duo


Hello crafty friends ...


I haven't done a card with this layout in awhile and I was in the mood to make something bright and cheerful. The Zany Zebra's stamp set seemed the perfect compliment to the rainbow strips that I had angled across two card panels.

I stamped the zebras onto a stitched circle and coloured in their muzzles and hooves with a grey marker. I used an older Paper Pumpkin stamp set to stamp the Celebrate and the words inside, and added the panels to my card bases with foam tape. Then I put the cards on the table to take photos of the next day. 

And I stood back and looked at them. Then I just couldn't leave the zebra's plain black and white! 

I pulled out my Copic Markers and add rainbow stripes. Then I stamped a few stars from the Zany Zebra set and coloured those in as well. I was much happier with the cards after I'd added the colour.


Here is a peek at the inside, using the same Paper Pumpkin stamp set.


To create the rainbow strip, I used rainbow striped packing tape. I LOVE this tape, and have been adding it to white gift bags and along the bottom of tags etc. But it IS thin packing tape, and has a tendency to wrinkle and crease so patience is required.

These cards will be donated to my Mom's old nursing home, and I can see me doing them again in a few months. They are just so happy looking!

Supplies:
Rainbow striped packing tape - FCTRY
Zany Zebra's - Stampin' Up
Word stamps - Paper Pumpkin, May 2015 - Stampin' Up
Stitched Circle die - MFT Stamps
Copic markers
Various card stocks - stash

Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!