Thursday 28 February 2019

Boy Birthday Card Trio with Stars

Hello my crafty friends


I'm back with my second post today, because I wanted to play along with the latest challenge at Your Next Stamp. 
'Your Next Stamp Fun Friday Challenge #108' is 'Seeing Stars'. You can find all the information & details  HERE.

I love to make Z-fold cards so pulled out this Birthday Boy patterned paper and the fun alligator stamp, both from Your Next Stamp. I also grabbed my stitched star dies to work with the theme. It never takes twice as long to make two cards so I decided to make two almost identical A-fold cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home. I like that the papers in the Birthday Boy paper pad all coordinate so nicely.


This alligator stamp is just too fun - his expression cracks me up.


I stamped a greeting from a different YNS set on the inside star, which is hidden until the card opens.


 I punched a balloon from the paper and wrapped the bakers twine around his outstretched arm.


While I had everything out anyhow and I needed a boy's Birthday card, I pulled out the Photo Booth Die by Your Next Stamp and used some of the paper scraps from the YNS Birthday Boy papers to make a third card. The Photo Booth die set comes with a group of 3 star dies which were also perfect for the 'Seeing Stars' challenge.


Two of the patterned paper squares were raised up with foam tape for some dimension.


Here is a look at the inside:


This last card is on its way to Sri Lanka to a young fellow we sponsor through World Vision.

Supplies:
Photo Booth Panel Die - Your Next Stamp
Patterned paper - Birthday Boy, Your Next Stamp
White, yellow and orange card stocks
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Fishtail banner dies - MFT Stamps
Happy Birthday stamp - MFT Stamps
Fine point markers
Water brush
Words inside - MFT STamps

Z-fold cards:
Patterned paper - Birthday Boy, Your Next Stamp
Stitched Star dies - the Stamps of Life
So Happy For You stamps and dies - MFT Stamps
Distress Oxide Inks
Waterbrush
Happy Birthday - Little Darlings Mermaid stamp set, Your Next Stamp
Balloon Punch - Stampin' Up
White sakura gel pen
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. these star cards look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Great cards for the YNS Challenge! Each full of color and the gator looks happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!