Wednesday 20 February 2019

Eight 'Happy Birthday' Cards

Hello crafty friends

Today I'm sharing Birthday Cards that I made to donate to my Mom's Nursing Home. I picked up this die set last year so pulled it out again and worked on these cards off and on for several days. Since they are similar, I'm posting them all together.

The first group have a black card base, and the red checked paper is embossed and sparkly. I added a kraft panel in behind the words - I love kraft and red together.



The greeting was stamped on a crosshatch circle so it would pop from the background.


Then I pulled out an older 6 x 6" paper pad and made a good dent in it with these next five cards.



I added a stamped and fussy cut party hat to some of the card fronts, and outlined the letters with a black marker on some as well.




I usually have several large lunch bags on the go for my donation cards, so I added two of these into each of the bags. That way the residents don't open a bunch of similar cards at the same birthday party.

Supplies:
Black, Kraft, White and grey card stocks
Patterned paper - Recollections and My Minds Eye
Happy Birthday Drop-Ins - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix and the Stamps of Life
1057 Circles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Word stamps - unsure, lost my notes!
Party hat stamp - Lawn Fawn
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!