Friday 15 February 2019

Welcome Ringo Pop-Up Card

Hello my crafty friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog. Today I made a card for our daughter's family who welcomed a new pet into their home... Ringo the bunny. I used Karen Burniston's Frame Pull Pop-Up and I think the grand kids will have fun pulling the tab and watching the panel flip up.

I used the Alphabet dies to cut 'yay', and added 'congrats' at the bottom.


When you pull on the tab, the 'yay' panel flips up to reveal the bunny and the words 'welcome Ringo'. So fun!


The bunny die is from the new Spring Animals and I coloured him up to look like the new bunny, with the patches over his eyes etc. I also like how the Alphabet allows you to personalize a card.


I know that the 'o' sticks out of the side a little, but I was OK with that. It gives a little tease as to what is inside. Had I not been finishing this card when I was tired, I would have arranged all the letters before adhering them down. As I said, I'm ok with the little peek when the card is closed ... no mistakes in papercrafting, right? Speaking of things sticking out beyond the flap - I did trim the bunny's ear slightly so IT wouldn't stick out and interfere with the tab pull.

I like to make this type of card flat, post-card style but of course I also like to dress up the back a little. I just make sure to keep everything adhered flat with no foam tape so it lays flat nicely for display. I used a piece from one of the Border Blends Argyle to decorate the white rectangle, which is where I wrote my note.


This really was a sweet and simple card - not every pop-up card needs to take hours to complete. I'm adding another view so you can see the dimension you get with the Frame Pull Pop-Up. Such a fun die set!


Supplies:
1074 Spring Animals - Karen Burniston
Zig Clean Color Markers
Waterbrush
Black, white, pink and blue card stocks
Sakura white gel pen
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Sizzix
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1077 Word Set 8 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
1053 Alphabet - Karen Burniston
Welcome stamp (used part of the whole stamp) - MFT Stamps
Fishtail banner die - MFT Stamps
1056 Squares Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1090 Border Blends Argyle - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!