Monday 25 February 2019

Two Birthday Cactus Challenge Cards

Hello my crafty friends

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and today I'm playing along with The Male Room Challenge #105. It's an 'Anything Goes' challenge, with the optional twist of NOT using patterned paper. Gasp. You know how much I like my patterned paper!!  I chose to play with this fun cactus stamp set from Stampin' Up and decided to make two identical birthday cards to donate to my Mom's nursing home.

This is my second post of the day, but I really wanted to play along with the challenge and I have all my posts ready for the coming week. A second post seemed the best way to get the card in for the challenge, since the Wolf Flip Card I posted earlier this morning used patterned paper which doesn't really qualify for the challenge.




I added the cute face with a Taylored Expressions stamp, and the words are from the same stamp set.


This was the last of my brown Bakers Twine!


Inside I penned the words, sponged the ground and added a few more cactus stamps.


These cards are 4 x 6", which is a bit of an unusual size. But a couple of years ago I ordered a whole box of envelopes for 4 x 6 cards BY MISTAKE. Since I have the envelopes, I have been using them for some of the donation cards. This size works well for 12 x 12" patterned paper, as I can get 6 card fronts from a single 12 x 12" sheet.

Supplies:
White and Kraft card stocks
Stitched rectangle dies - Honeybeee
"Flowering Desert" stamp set - Stampin' Up
Fun foam
Bakers Twine
face and word stamps - "Can't Touch This" - Taylored Expressions
Brown Marker
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card Size - 4 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. love seeing your cacti themed cards, fabulous cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards and thanks so much for going out of your way to use the twist and play along with us at The Male Room. Hope to see you joining in with future challenges too. As the main theme is Anything Goes please feel free to link up the wolf flip card too - absolutely stunning by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to gasp. You're totally on top of it! I love your card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room this challenge.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!