Sunday 3 February 2019

Valentine's Waterfall Card

Hello my crafty friends

I absolutely love Karen Burniston's adaptation of her Frame Pull Pop-Up die set to create a Waterfall card and I made another one to share today. This one is in a Valentine's theme and a vertical orientation.


I have had these stickers and embellishments in my stash for several years, so I enjoyed actually USING them! You will notice that I also added hearts instead of squares to the pull strip. Just another variation that shows how versatile the Frame Pull Pop-Up can be! The laser cut patterned paper is also from my stash.


When you pull the tab at the bottom, the hearts each flip up one by one to reveal another sticker.



The final heart is larger, and has a cute printed acetate embellishment in the centre.


Here is a side view ...


I like to make this type of card 'Post Card style' and keep the back embellishments nice and flat. But I also like to decorate the back a little, so here I used  some more of the laser cut patterned paper, the Border Blends Argyle, the Crosshatch Rectangles and the XOXO which is from the new Word Set 9 Love.




Supplies:
Laser cut patterned paper - Recollections
Red and white card stocks
Red glitter card stocks
1070 Frame Pull Pop-Up - Karen Burniston 
Stitched heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Brads - Stampin' Up
Acetate Embellishments - stash
Enamel heart - Recollections
Stickers - Jolees Boutique (STASH)
Washi Tape - Unknown
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1090 Border Blends Argyle - Karen Burniston
1083 Word Set 9 Love - Karen Burniston
Distress Oxide Inks

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card. I love your adaptation to use hearts. Lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!