Wednesday 13 February 2019

Valentine Treat Holders

Hello my crafty friends

I am a big fan of Your Next Stamp, and their new Fun Friday Challenge #107 is to use Die Cuts for your creation. I am entering these treat holders into that challenge. All the details for the Fun Friday Challenge #107 can be found HERE.

These sweet Treat Holders were made with the Treat Pouch die set by Lynda Kanase for Sizzix. The die set comes with pretty and elegant dies for decorating the Treat Pouch, but other than the shadow layer for one of the labels, I chose to use stamps for decorating instead.

These adorable stamps are by Your Next Stamp - and they were perfect for making Valentine Treat Holders for our grandkids. I used a different stamp for each of them, other than the cute heart-holding-dog. That stamp got used twice but  I coloured each one up differently. While there are dies available, I don't have them yet so I fussy cut the images out and popped them up on the white die cut label.



The balloon string on this heart balloon is much longer, so I shortened it with a scissor snip so it would fit on the treat holder better.



These Treat Pouches are filled with six Hershey's Kisses - you simply untie the bow and pour out the treats. I like that the grands will each get a few little goodies from Gramma, but not too much that their parents will be annoyed at all the sugar. Each of the critters has a shiny nose from a black glaze pen.



I had four of them made and decided I didn't want to cut into another 12 x 12" sheet to make the fifth. So I used one of the leftover pieces and decided that Alma at age one could have sideways hearts on her Treat Pouch. Hers is the one in the centre in the photo below, with the 'angel bunnies' holding the 'I Heart You' banner.

Don't they look so cute all together?


The Treat Pouch is so easy to change up to work for different occasions - I think they turned out so cute!


Supplies:
Pouch, Treat - Lynda Kanase, Sizzix
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Bristol smooth card stock
Love & Hugs stamps - Your Next Stamp
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Water Brush
Sakura black glaze pen
Sakura white gel pen
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!