Sunday 30 December 2018

Sparkly Flip Fold Card for a New Year

Good morning friends

It's no secret that I love Flip-It Cards and have for years. When I saw this (Vintage Label Flip Fold with Layers) die set in the November 2018 Our Daily Bread Designs release, I ordered it immediately. I love how much 'real estate' you get with this large label in the centre.

For my card today, I used patterned paper with glittery embossed bits, white glitter and black glossy card stocks, and glitter dots for even more sparkle and shine.


The white glitter card stock isn't showing up in the photos, but it's VERY sparkly.


Not only does the die set come with the layering dies - look in the centre at those two small pieces. Those layering dies are also included and I don't think any other company has made layering dies for the centre section of their flip type cards. Love it!




Note, I used the layering die to cut a patterned paper piece to adhere to the back of the smaller front section. It adds just enough stability and looks good when the recipient turns the card over. I don't know why I didn't think of that before - usually I add a 1/2" or 3/4" strip of card stock to the back of that narrow side. Using the layering die makes it look much more polished.

I have actually made several cards with this die set but this latest one is the first one I'm sharing here on my blog. The others are scheduled for the coming weeks and you will be seeing this one used a lot.

Supplies:
Vintage Label Flip Fold with Layers die set - Our Daily Bread Designs
Red, black and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Creative Imagination
Cheers die - MFT Stamps
Champagne glass dies - the Stamps of Life
Glimmer card stock - Stampin' Up
Black glossy card stock - Stampin' Up
Double pierced vintage label dies - Our Daily Bread Designs
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!