Thursday 13 December 2018

Journal Card Christmas Card Group

Good morning friends

One of the hottest sellers in the Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue was a set of journal cards designed for pocket scrapbooking. They were absolutely ADORABLE and so easy to use for holiday cards with a coordinating red card base set. The journal cards sold out quickly, but since I had some really cute ones from Project Life I wasn't going to order them anyhow. I did however, order the card bases and envelopes from the Santa's Workshop Memories and More suite and got them before they also sold out!

I had found this Project Life journal card set on clearance and just knew it would make some cute cards. I made two of each design for a total of twelve Christmas cards but only photographed one of each design. I LOVE the red Stampin' Up card bases and would buy them again for sure.  They are nice and sturdy with a white interior, they come with coordinating red envelopes and it's no surprise they also sold out. Hopefully Stampin' Up offers them again and often.


The card bases are made to use with journal cards, which are typically 4 x 6" and 3 x 4". You could simply adhere a journal card to the red card front, stamp a greeting on the white interior and call it done!

These ones feel nice and substantial, as I popped up the journal cards with large pieces of fun foam and all the red foiling on the journal cards makes them look special.  Here is the front of my first card today and you get a look at the pretty red foiling on the borders tree and 'Oh Christmas'.


Some of the journal cards have lines on them, so I added one inside each of the cards. They also have the lovely red foiling. I plan on using these cards for the people we give tips to over the holidays. With the lines on the inside they are perfect to write a short note on, and I can tuck the tip inside the card then the whole thing will fit in the matching red envelopes. I have some great stickers to use on the envelopes and plan on using a metallic gel pen to write their names.


The Project Life journal card set included a couple of embellishments as well, so I took the boy and girl Gingerbread and popped them up on the left sides of the Merry & Bright journal cards. The red bow and buttons in the Gingerbread people are also red foiled. They are so cute!




My third card had words printed between two red stars. I used ECD's Dashing Rectangle dies to cut away the snow kids from a different journal card and popped it up over the words. It fit perfectly between the red foil stars. Then I added the banners, which was included with the Project Life set.



Again, all the red on these journal cards are foiled and sparkly.


Here are the smaller cards, and they were done the same as the 4 x 6" ones ... mounted onto the card bases with fun foam and lined journal cards adhered inside. Even the 3 x 4" cards have red envelopes to match.











All in all I was very happy with how sweet this set of cards turned out. There are also enough for my Mom to give to her care givers at the nursing home too.

Supplies:
Red cards and envelopes - Stampin' Up
Project Life cards and embellishments - Becky Higgins
Fun foam
Stickles
Dashing Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!