Thursday 27 December 2018

Shaker Sunburst Card Trio

Good morning friends

I may have gone a little crazy on Black Friday, and I have LOTS of new goodies to use for my card crafting. I have been a fan of Queen & Company for awhile now, but shipping to Canada is too expensive. Since we were going to be visiting Arizona last month I decided to order a couple of their shaker card kits. Which look amazing, by the way and I can't wait to start to play with them. One was an autumn kit so I have lots of time to break open that package but I doubt I'll be able to wait until next fall to play with it.

Anyhow, this sun burst background die was included in their Black Friday sale and I was so excited to add it to my collection. I love sun burst dies and have been kicking myself for not snagging the Stampin' Up one when it was in the Clearance Rack.  The rays on this die are nice and wide as it is intended to use for shaker cards. For my first time using it though, I chose to make some flat thank you cards and then I added little circle shakers to the card fronts. So fun!


I simply cut the sun burst background die three times from three different Queen & Co patterned papers. Once the base sun burst was adhered to my card fronts I simply alternated pieces and colours to complete the three background panels.


The shaker frame was cut with a stitched MFT Circle Frame die. I did two cards with the shaker at the top left and one with the shaker at the bottom right.


This is the orange one ...


... and the third, yellow card. I also added some sequins for some more sparkle.


I'm looking forward to using this sun burst die again as it was intended - as a shaker frame, with sequins and other filler inside some of the rays. But you can see how versatile it can be, as I could have simply added a cloud, sun or other embellishment instead of the shaker I chose to make.

Supplies:
Sunburst die - Queen & Co
Patterned paper - Queen & Co
White card stock
Stitched circle frames - Lawn Fawn
Acetate - Hero Arts
Sequins
Gold glitter flakes
Thank you Stamp - Petal Palette, Stampin' Up
Stitched Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps

Thanks or stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!