Friday 7 December 2018

Elegant Christmas Treat Holder and Gift Card Holder

Good morning friends

It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog, and today I'm sharing a Pop-Up Gift Card Holder with a matching Treat Pouch. Sometimes I like to give a little somethin' somethin' to someone when their gift is a Gift Card, so this new Treat Pouch die set by Lynda Kanase is going to get a lot of use. They are both from Lynda's new Gift and Gather Collection. I chose some pretty snowflake patterned paper with gold foiled bits for holiday shimmer and shine paired with white glitter paper and gold foil card stock.

I have lots of ideas for the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder too ... what a fun way to give someone a Gift Card! Note, the gift card in the photo is an old one I use for blog photos, and not the card we will actually be gifting.

Here is the front of the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder, with these beautiful lacy looking roses.


I cut the shadow (or base) layer from white glittered card stock, and the overlay from red patterned paper that had Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive applied to the back. I also used the shadow (or base) layer from one of the sentiments that come with the dies, cut from gold foil. Since it was too short to extend the amount I wanted it to on either side of the flowers, I snipped it in half and added one half to each side of the Gift Card holder front, then popped up the glittery flowers with foam tape to hide the cut line.


Here is a look at the inside, with the Pop-Up area for the Gift Card.



The 'For You' was die cut from the red patterned paper that had Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive on the back. After adhering it to the glittered label shape, I saved all the fall-away pieces for the Treat Holder shown below. The lacy looking piece on either side of the 'For You' is actually the phrase 'Thanks' and it also comes with the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder. I simply covered the word portion with the glittery 'For You'. I love getting more mileage from my dies this way and using them in different ways.


I also like to mix and match my dies so the label where we will sign our name came from Lynda's Treat Pouch die set.


Here is a photo of the Gift Card Holder and the pretty Treat Pouch ...


You can put all kinds of treats in the Treat Pouch, this one holds Hershey Nuggets.


To make the 'For You' tag, I sandwiched a loop of Bakers Twine between two of the label shapes. I added Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive to the back side of the white glittered card stock and die cut the For You from it then adhered it over the gold frame. The red inlay pieces came from the 'For You' on the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder above!


Since this is a coordinating set, I used the same roses and papers on the Treat Pouch as I did on the Gift Card Holder.


Finally a photo of the Treat Holder from the back side. Simply untie the ribbon to pour out the little goodies inside.



Supplies:
Treat Pouch - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Patterned paper - DCWV
Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive
Glitter paper - Stampin' Up
Gift Card Holder Pop-Up - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Snowflake Peel-Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Ribbon
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Karen, these are beautiful! Especially love how you used parts of other dies to create your own unique look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!