Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Double Z Fold Card

Good morning friends

I love love LOVE this suite from Stampin' Up. The patterned paper is super cute and ...  FLOCKED!!!  So the white stripes on this paper are fuzzy and you just want to touch it. There is a stamp and coordinating die set, and the dies work on the patterned paper as well as the stamps. So cool.


I made a Double Z-Fold card, in a wide A2 format. Some of the elements were fussy cut from the patterned paper and I used the dies where I could. Then I created a little scene. I like how it looks like Mrs. Claus is so pleased that Santa is having a treat and a well deserved rest.


But when you open the card, you see that Mrs. Claus is actually tickled at the little elf handing her a present!



 The scalloped border was trimmed from one of the 12 x 12" sheets in the package, and like the white apron, hats, candy and Santa's beard - the white dots are flocked.


Finally, for those who like to pin 'fronts and insides' photos to their Pinterest boards - here you go!


I added a wonky stitched circle to the back of the card, along with another die cut or two as an area for us to sign our names. Completely forgot to take a photo of that!

Supplies:
Red and white card stocks
Stamps, dies and patterned paper - Stampin' Up
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words - Your Next Stamp
Nuvo Glitter Pen
Wonky Circle die - Your Next Stamp
Card size - A2

Thanks for stopping by today

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable and definitely one of my favorite Christmas sets this year!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and cute! I was thinking HOW DID SHE COLOR IT? Am kind of glad it is flocked paper! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just came across your card - it is outstanding and the best use of this set and paper that I have seen, thanks for sharing it with everyone. Would you possibly share you paper cutting dimensions??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanie - thanks so much! I don't have a record of the paper dimensions, but check out Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel. I'm sure I got them from the video she did on this type of Double Z Fold. Oh, never mind - I just did the search for you and here is the link to her video. Hope it helps!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVbToF-3Ow&t=1122s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen thanks much for doing the research for me - I could have done with the info you gave me but appreciate you doing it. I hope to give your card a try this coming week. I know I don't have the flocked striped paper but came across some red and green striped this morning that I think should look good (I hiope).
    Thanks again, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karen, I appreciate your help.
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks much Karen, I plan try and make your card this week. Thanks again for sharing

    Hope this posts as I have been having a hard time getting comments to post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!