Saturday 8 December 2018

C4C464 Sketch Holiday Cards for the Grandkids

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Our December  hostess is Frances Byrne. We only do challenges for the first two Saturday's in December to allow everyone time to celebrate the holidays or just relax and take a break from challenges. Traditionally this second challenge in December is a sketch challenge, allowing you to choose any one of the wonderful sketches we have shared throughout the year.

I chose Sketch C4C461, which was Joanne's sketch for November. That sort of surprised me, as I LOVE Raquel's sketch #C4C452 and have used it a lot so I expected to pull that one out again. 



I needed to make Christmas cards for three of our Grandkids (the other two celebrate Hanukkah and I have already shared their cards) so I actually made three cards for the challenge today. Two of them use the sketch and the third is a Z-Fold card.


Oh, how I love Doodlebug Designs. The stickers just seemed to work so well with this sketch! This is Ethan's card - he loves blue.


I loved that the papers have kraft accents, as that allowed me to use kraft card stock which is perfect for boys.


 Zachary loves green and black, so he is getting a card with lots of green. No black though - it just didn't look very good so I went with more kraft.


The striped border is also one of the stickers, I adhered it to white card stock then to the die cut circles to match the sketch.


The final card is a Z-fold card for Olivia. I absolutely loved this 12 x 12" paper stack at Michaels and have really been enjoying it for holiday cards this year. The mermaid & unicorn pattern was the only one I wasn't crazy about - but it worked out SO perfectly for Olivia's card I was amazed. 7 year old girls are all about unicorns and mermaids this year ... and Olivia's cardiologist often refers to her as a Unicorn (because of the 'special' way she reacts to her meds and treatments. She is the only kid with Pulmonary Hypertension who has reactions like that so they are never quite sure what is going to happen when they change her dosage or meds.)


The cut-parts were included in the paper stack, so I trimmed several out and added them to the front with glitter and gold Peel-Off snowflake stickers in gold.




Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C464.

Supplies:
White, blue and kraft card stocks
Patterned paper - Doodlebug
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Stamp - MFT Stamps
Stickers - Doodlebug
Stickles
Inside:

Green and White card stocks
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Stickles
Stickers - Doodlebug
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamp - MFT Stamps

Blue, white and pink card stocks
Patterned paper - Recollections
Snowflake Peel-Off stickers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stickles
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Sakura white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!