Wednesday 12 December 2018

Holiday Gift Card Holders (2nd post today)

Good morning friends

I'm back with my second post for the day! Since my first post was a card  I made several years ago I wanted to go ahead and share a couple of new projects too.

We were going to an early family Christmas party, and our gifts were both gift cards and cash. I had so much fun making Gift Card Holders for those special people.

My first share today uses the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder by Lynda Kanase for Sizzix. Here is the front of the card:


The stamped and die cut Santa image was coloured with alcohol markers, then popped up over a metallic net circle. That circle came from a Stampin' Up ornament kit I made last year and there were a few left over. The festive patterned paper is also by Sizzix.


Inside there is a pop-up area for the gift card, and I added some printed embellishments as well. I usually decorate the inside of my cards for an added surprise.


We signed our names on the white die cut label.  The Pop-Up Gift Card Holder is from Lynda's 'GIFT AND GATHER COLLECTION' by Sizzix and you are going to see a lot of it from me. It's quick and easy to put together, and can be decorated as much or as little as you like.


I used my Envelope Punch Board to make a coordinating envelope for the Gift Card Holder, since we were hand delivering it at the party.

My second project uses another new die set I picked up recently - the Stocking Fold-It's by Stephanie Barnard for Sizzix, with the same Sizzix patterned paper I used for the Pop-Up Gift Card Holder above. While these Gift Card holders were going to different families, they were being gifted and opened at the same party at about the same time so I like that they coordinated so nicely.


This was the first time I used this set, so I pretty much copied the packaging sample for the layout.


The Stocking Fold-It's makes an A2 shaped card that can open at the top or at the side. For my project today I made it a side-opening card, and turned it into a Gift Card Holder!


To do this, I used the slot from Lynda Kanase's Tag Pocket w/ Phrases die set. I love that the slot is a separate die and I have some more ideas for that one. The label shape is from Lynda's Pop-Up Gift Card Holder and I liked how well that Stampin' Up stamp works for a Gift Card Holder.


Once again, the gift card shown in the photo is just a photo prop and not what we included. In fact, we gave the family folded cash for them to use on an adventure with their kids and the cash fit perfectly in the slot. To give it room though, I used narrow strips of foam tape around the outer edge of the white stocking below the slot, and adhered the upper area right to the folded card base. Worked like a charm!

Supplies:
Pop-Up Gift Card Holder - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Tag Pocket with Phrases - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Stocking Fold-It's - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Red and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Brenda Walton, Sizzix
Sakura White Gel Pen
Word stamp - Signs of Santa, Stampin' Up
Stsickles
Alcohol Markers
Santa stamp - Michaels
Holly and bird printed elements - my stash

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!