Tuesday 11 December 2018

Circle Charm Holiday Card in Pinks

Good morning friends

Today's share is a card I made for a couple that loves to spend time in Florida. I had picked up this 12 x 12"  patterned paper pad at Michaels, and I have to say how much I'm enjoying it! Here I paired it with Karen Burniston's Circle Charm Pop-Up die set for a fun holiday card.


I fussy cut the wreath from one of the Cut-Apart journal cards in the stack and with some careful snipping I was able to make it work for the front circle on the card. I also added this sweet stitched scalloped frame to pull in a bit more of the blue.


Here is the card when it is open - the front circle pivots to the inside and two more circles are revealed.


Of course I had to add a flamingo (from the Beach Charms), and I also added some gold foil bows from the Cake Trims. The little wreath comes with the Christmas Animals. The die set is designed to hang a charm from the centre circle, and while the flamingo is a charm I preferred it on the white backing. So I added a slightly larger white die cut circle over the blue charm frame and snipped off the hanging hole on the flamingo.


I love that some of the papers in the stack have gold foil details!


Finally, here is a view from the top so you can see the pivoting circle.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Turquoise and white card stocks
Black fine point marker
1051 Beach Charms - Karen Burniston
1061 Christmas Animals (wreath) - Karen Burniston
1029 Cake Trims (bows) - Karen Burniston
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Copic marker
Nuvo Shimmer pen
Stitched fishtail banner dies - MFT Stamps
Stitched Circle Scallop frames - MFT STamps
1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston
Sequins

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!