Monday 23 July 2018

'WHOO Loves You' Card

Good morning friends

For Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, I have an Owl Pop-Up card to share. 


I love using Kraft card stock, and when I saw this older sheet of patterned paper in a stack I was using for a different project, I knew it would work with the Prickley Pear Owl stamp I had coloured over the weekend. You can see the owl peeking out through the window in the front of the card and I used Karen Burniston's new Alphabet dies for the 'WHOO'. I like how the white gel pen makes the letters look raised and shiny.


Inside the rest of the phrase is completed, again using the Alpha dies. When the card is opened, the circle pop's out and up.


I used a hand cut stencil for the clouds on the Crosshatch Circle, then die cut a branch from the Halloween Scene and trimmed it to fit. It was actually cut from some Tim Holtz packaging - I liked the textured looking backing piece so kept it to re-use.


It was fun combining the different dies and coming up with  this card.

By the way, tomorrow is the day for our Blog Hop!!!



Supplies:
Owl stamp - Prickley Pear Stamps
Derwent water colour pencils
Water brush
Sakura black glaze pen
White, kraft, and brown  card stocks
Packaging
Patterned paper - K & Company
Transparency

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!