Wednesday 18 July 2018

A Birthday and a Thank You Card

Good morning friends

I'm sharing two totally unrelated cards today. I made them both months ago so I want to get the photos filed away and out of the To Post folder.

I really REALLY wanted a Brother Scan 'n Cut so when I had the opportunity to sell my old and not-used-for-a-couple-of-years Cricut I thought that would give me some $$ towards the SNC. Woot! However, I also didn't want to sell the machine and cartridges until I knew for sure it still worked. So I pulled out some really old patterned paper from my stash and made a couple of cuts. The cartridge was Joys of the Season.


I decided I actually quite liked the test cut, so rather than toss it I made it into a Birthday Card. I added a lot of glitter to the gift portion and a Nuvo Crystal Drop to the centre of the bow.


The gift was popped up on the front and I added more patterned paper and some handwriting inside to finish it off. This card went to my Mom to replenish her Birthday Card stash. I used up the whole sheet of patterned paper, which always feels good


My second card today uses more older patterned paper from my stash. It's beautiful stuff - a pale aqua colour and all the white flourishes are flocked with white. So it's a very textural card.


I had the 3-d sticker in my stash, and cut the 'thanks' from Verve stamp packaging. I always loved the Verve packaging and saved it to re-use whenever I ordered from them. Sadly, the owner has moved on to other things now and closed her on-line shop.


Here is a peek at the inside, with lots of room to write my note of thanks.


I wish I could show you how pretty the flocked paper is but you just couldn't capture it in a photo.



Supplies for Present Card:
White, green, turquoise and black card stocks
Patterned paper - Hallmark (years and years old)
Cricut cartridge - Joys of the Season
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Stickles
Black marker
Wonky stitched edges - MFT Stamps

Supplies for Flocked Thank You Card:
Patterned paper (flocked) - Me & My Big Ideas
White card stock
Scallop card insert - Sizzix
Wonky Stitched Rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Stickers - K & Company
Thanks die - Lawn Fawn
Seam Binding
Copic Markers

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!