Thursday 12 July 2018

Happy July Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Every July there was a parade in the small town my Mom grew up in, and after the parade her dad would take her for an ice cream soda. So every July we make a point to get together for ice cream, and I always make her a card to celebrate our 'ice cream in July' day. For my card this year, I pulled out a country print paper stack with silver foil accents and the Upsy Daisy Pop-Up by Karen Burniston.


I used the new Alpha to cut the "M"'s for MOM, using the silver foiled heart for the 'O'.


Inside I used the new Beach Charms, Sweet Treat Charms and the the Alpha again. I like how you can personalize a card with the Alpha die set. And the Upsy Daisy is so fun - and different than anything else out there.





It looks like I will be hand delivering this card - and the ice cream - to my Mom in hospital, as she has been there since June 28th and it looks like she will have to remain there until they can find somewhere with full care to place her. (Insert sad face here)

Supplies:
1050 Sweet Treats Charms - Karen Burniston
Scraps of brown and pink card stocks
Sakura white gel pen - Karen Burniston
Stickles
White card stock
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Bakers Twine
1053 Alphabet - Karen Burniston
Pink metallic gel pen - Sakura
1051 Beach Charms - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, sorry to hear about your mum. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure your mom will enjoy her ice cream treat...even if it is in the hospital. I know she'll appreciate the lovely card. She can display ice creams for the remainder of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!