Monday 16 July 2018

Thank You Card with Tag Trio

Good morning friends:

I had purchased a 12 x 12 sheet of pretty tag Cut Aparts, and have been working on getting them onto cards. Since I was also working on replenishing my stash of Thank You cards, I used the tags that said 'thank you' and made three different cards.


I liked the look of this dark tag against a white background but since it needed a little somethin' something' I added an embossed woodgrain panel behind it. I adhered a second tag behind the first one slightly offset and tied the holes with pink seam binding.


Some Nuvo Crystal Drops and the card front was done.


Inside I added a strip of green card stock to the right edge, and some pretty washi tape as well. Then I added a bright die cut flower embellished with a white gel pen and a yellow centre.


For card number two, I pulled out a sheet of double sided patterned paper that coordinated with the gold tag and cut it on the diagonal. The seam was covered with the pink washi tape then the tag was popped up with fun foam.


Some more Nuvo Crystal Drops ...


... and a strip of patterned paper with washi tape on the inside.


The third card uses the same patterned paper as above, and I cut a second tag from the reverse side to layer off set with the 'thanks a bunch' one.


The bottom tag also got a strip of the washi tape, and I added a few Nuvo Crystal Drops. I didn't use a single sequin on these cards!


Inside is a deep scalloped border with another strip of washi tape.


Note, I adhere the ends of my washi tape down with glue as I find it often peels up. Even on the cards I receive in the mail, often the tape is lifting on both the envelopes and the cards. So I like to make sure it's secure.

I still have about 5 tags left to get onto cards, but I've lost my momentum on those. I'm not putting them away though because if they end up in a drawer or bin they could be there for eons!

Supplies:
White, pink and green card stocks
Tags - American Crafts
1054 Rectangles, Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Blueprints #18 - MFT Stamps
Pink paint pen
Fun foam
Washi tape
Seam binding
Scallop die and flower - Stampin' Up
Embossing folder - Paper Studio
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!