Tuesday 24 July 2018

Karen Burniston Riley/Darkroom Door Blog Hop!!

Good morning friends - it's time!!!



Today's post is part of a huge Blog Hop, and you should have arrived here from Teresa Abajo's blog. If you get lost during the hop, I have listed all the participants with linked websites at the end of my post. You will want to be sure and check them all out, as there will be a TON of inspiration and prizes too.

I have TWO fun Pop-Up cards to share today. I have included lots of photos, since many of the people who will be visiting from the hop may not be familiar with Karen Burniston's Pop-Up dies.

I loved SO many of the Darkroom Door stamps and stencils, honestly I had trouble choosing which ones stamps to use for the Blog Hop. It was practically an 'eeny miny mo' scenario. I will definitely be adding more of them to my collection.

The one stamp that jumped out at me first, was this Sitting Dog image - it reminded me so much of our old Brandi girl. The Circle Background image is one I knew I'd get a lot of use out of so I chose that one too.



To create the colourful background, I first embossed the background stamp on several panels with white embossing powder. Then I pulled out my Magical Shakers and did a little 'sprinkle and spritz'. I just love the fun backgrounds these water colour powders make. The bonus to use the Magical Shakers, is that you get a bit of shimmer as well. On this card, I like how the dog is peeking through the circular window.



I added the large Happy Birthday, and added glitter to the bottom part for sort of a 'dipped' look.



Inside is where all the fun is! I used the Katherine Label to Pop-Up so the dog spins up & pops out as the card is opened.



This Paint Drip stamp is SO cool, and I'm going to have fun with it in my Art Journal pages too. To get this multi coloured image I used the MISTI and I have to say it would have been nearly impossible without that stamping tool because the marker ink would dry too fast. I used markers and coloured & stamped one drip at a time and still ended up with perfect placement. 

I used the Alphabet Texture Stamp with watermark ink to create some additional interest to the card background. This is another stamp that will see lots of use in my Art Journal pages.



I used the Crosshatch Rectangles as an area to stamp the Stampin' Up greetings - this card is for our youngest Grandson's birthday.



You get so much dimension from the Katherine Label Pop-Up - and you can animate so many things!



Onto my second card for the hop:

The front of my card is very plain & subdued in a simple black and white colour theme. When I chose the crayon stamp, this card is what I had in mind.



When I added the words inside, I didn't check the placement through the front window. At first I was disappointed that you could see them but then decided that since the card front was SO plain I like that there is a little hint of something fun inside.

And inside, there is a LOT going on!!

I chose to use the Circle Charm Pop-Up in a vertical orientation instead of a horizontal, which allowed me to stamp the crayons across the top. Because the card base was cut from Bristol Smooth card stock, I was able to use my Zig Clean Colour makers. They blend beautifully on this card stock and I love the bright vibrant colours even when blended with a water brush.







I do realize that the word Colour is not spelled with our Canadian spelling, mostly because the letters were too crammed in if I added the 'U'.



Finally, here is a side view of the Pop-Up card.




Both Darkroom Door and Karen Burniston will be giving away a prize pack, with winners randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received by Sunday June 29th 2018. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop post to enter. NOTE - be sure that you have a valid email address attached to your comment!! The last Blog Hop we did, I ended up drawing FIVE different names before I found one with an email address I could contact. It's also a good idea to check back to see if your name was drawn.

Below is the complete Blog Hop list. 

Supplies for Dog card:
Bristol Smooth card stock
Circles Background stamp - Darkroom Door
White embossing powder
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Sitting Dog stamp - Darkroom Door
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Water brush
1004 Birthday Charms - Karen Burniston
Regular and heavyweight white card stock
White Gel Pen- Karen Burniston
Stickles
Teal card stock
Matte glossy card stock
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch- Karen Burniston
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up- Karen Burniston
Alphabet Texture Stamp - Darkroom Door
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Watermark ink
Paint Drips stamp - Darkroom Door
Markers - Local King Rubber Stamp
1046 Circle Charm Pop-Up (circles)- Karen Burniston
1030 Happy Birthday- Karen Burniston
Bakers twine
Crayons stamp - Darkroom Door
Inside stamps - Stampin' Up
Crayola marker
Wink of Stella

Card size - 5 x 6"



Supplies for Circle Charm Accordion Card:

1046 Circle Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
Bristol smooth card stock
Black card stock
1007 Charm Accordion (butterfly) - Karen Burniston
Crayons - Darkroom Door
Zig clean colour markers
Wink of Stella
1053 Alphabet - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen - Karen Burniston
Magical Shaker Background
Black fine point marker
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up (banner) - Karen Burniston
Scrap of embossed water colour background from previous card

Card size - 4-3/4 x 6"



Thanks for stopping by today

89 comments:

  1. loving both your Circle Charm Accordion cards, love how we both used the same stamp for one of our cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dripping crayon is my favourite card, love the technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects! I especially love the colouring on the dog - so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bright colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the drip technique on both these projects and the puppy dog is so realistic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crayons and butterflies together. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dog card and use this stamp often as we are a family of dog lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another new idea and trick for the accordion charm!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Love those fun bright colors and that circle charm is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...that little dog peeking out is the cutest ever! I love the way he also pops up when you open the card. The black and white vs vibrant color on your second card was very dramatic and a fun surprise when card is opened. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVVE your cards Karen and especially how the crayon one is black and white to color!! Great job!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..thanks for sharing the misti / marker tip!! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The butterfly card is beautiful! The

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what fun!! And beautiful! Love how the 2nd card
    is so muted on the front and so colorful & happy on
    the inside (being your intent). It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dog! Plus he spins up and pops out! And those crayons--that stamp is wonderful in black, but rather amazeballs the way you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the colors, especially on the 2nd card. I have a weakness for butterfly products :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Color my world is my favorite. Great way to turn and change things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! I especially like the crayon one. The color surprise when it's opened really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great ideas I get from your beautiful and happy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very fun cards! Love that cute pup! Love the way the butterfly card opens up... awesome dies and stamps for making these delightful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such pretty cards! Love how you colored the dog, and how it peeks through the window :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like the crayon card. Nice idea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good gracious Karen! If these aren't the sweetest, happiest cards I've seen! What kid wouldn't love either one. A pop up puppy?! Come on! :) And the black and white to color design of your crayon card is incredible. You've made me smile from ear to ear with your fab post. Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card! I have that crayon stamp and I was happy to see how you used it. Twice! color and black & white. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your interactive cards are so fun and I LOVE how you used those paint drip stamps. The sweet pooch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fun these cards are! Love the puppy one, but the color my world one is just the sweetest one. Great stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfect card designs with awesome effects! I love the dripping crayons and the neutral lead in! Sometimes we get so caught up in our perfectionism that we forget our recipient is not aware of the original version or vision! Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am really loving all the wonderful inspiration I’m seeing on the blog hop. Super gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely cards! I have definitely added the circles background stamp to my list of NEEDS! xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. These must have been fun to make! they are very sweet and love all the crayon colors! Both cards are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  31. the first card is cute with the dog but wow for the second card. Love the black and white outer and then the bang of colour on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, those cards are so beautiful, I especially love the one with the dog, as I have a little doggy like that ! :) Enny

    ReplyDelete
  33. Seems everyone used the exact word That came to mind after seeing your terrific cards...Fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two great cards, love the POP of colour in the second card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, these cards you have made are spectacular, I don't even know where to start. The dog peeking through the cover of the first card is adorable and it is colored to perfection. The second card is a stunner! I love the way the pop up works into the design. These are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your cards are always awesome...these are fabulous especially the 2nd one...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You made 2 fabulous interactive cards. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These cards are just so amazing! That second card is just wow! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the front and the hint of color inside. What fun for the inside to really be the center of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are so sweet - love the layouts and products too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love how you used only black and white, with full color on the interior. It really makes the card (and meaning) POP!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your cards are just amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  43. love how the ring goes in the inside of your card in that direction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great contrast of the black and white front to that POP of bright colours inside.
    Okay,.... and the dog is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. These dies are the best so I agree, choosing would be difficult! Your cards are clever and creative!
    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have just found the card for my 35th Wedding Anniversary this year!
    Thank you so much!
    Awesome job!
    bobbie99@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Pup card is cute. Absolutely LOVE the butterfly and crayons card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful cards! Love how you did the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the crayon card! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  50. The pup is adorable peeking through and wow!, those crayons are gorgeous.
    CB

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your cards are fabulous and really make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Eeek! That little dog is the cutest and I love love love your crayon card with the ink drips!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Magnifiques cartes ! un gros faible pour la carte Crayola avec le contraste, elle plairait beaucoup Ć  mes petits enfants ! merci pour l'inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  54. The crayons in black and white on the outside and color on the inside make a big impact! And I love the animated part!

    ReplyDelete
  55. love both of your cards...the crayon with very colorful...who wouldn't love to get that

    ReplyDelete
  56. I honestly thought the dog was a photo! great touch with he drip stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  57. So sweet. I LOVE the crayons stamp and have it myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh how fabulous
    your cards are!
    I love the plain
    front and then
    all the color
    inside on the
    second one.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such simple ideas with beautiful results. I especially love the white crayons transformed! Thanks for the inspiration and the walk-through.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love this card, the contrast between front and inside was great.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the color interpretation!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  62. great cards, love the crayon card, what fun for kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Absolutely ADORE the crayon Card! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Puppy card is so awesome!!! The crayons are so great fun to even place on a door for when the kids go back to school. My teacher friends would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a sweet card and your crayons are incredible, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Two really awesome designs! So sweet to see that pup peeking through the front on the first. And I love the colored surprise inside the crayon card and how you've used the pop up element on it. Great pair!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love the colorful drizzles....I would have enjoyed a video of these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Plain to color--great surprise inside.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow and wow! Fabulous cards with oodles of wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  70. love the mixed media feel and rainbow colors on these makes. super gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  71. Awesome, fun, colourful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  72. The multi-colored background is so cool, and I love the dog peeking through the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Very cute and colorful card designs. Love the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh what fun and creative cards! So many fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  75. So cute. Adorable dog peeking out the circle window.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Such a creative mind you have. Love all your ideas and tips on how to use these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love both cards, really awesome and well done.
    My favorite is the first one however, colorful, lovely and so cute with the dog (I have this stamp too, thank you for the inspiration! :), wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love both cards, really awesome and well done.
    My favorite is the first one however, colorful, lovely and so cute with the dog (I have this stamp too, thank you for the inspiration! :), wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. the dog is too cute! and the crayons are so colorful! both fantastic cards!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  80. WOW l love the colour my world

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!