Monday 2 July 2018

Succulent Card Duo

Good morning friends

I have a pair of cards today featuring lovely succulent themed patterned paper by Lynda Kanase at Sizzix. I adore the colours and patterns in this paper pad!


My first card today uses a pretty scalloped card base by Stephanie Barnard. Now that I'm back to making mostly A2 sized cards I like it when they have a nice edge. The bird cage/succulent stamp and die set on this card is also by Lynda Kanase.


Note, I used Distress Oxide inks to water colour the birdcage image, but found the piece too chalky when it was dry. The Wink of Stella glitter pen helped to bring back the clarity of the coloured images.

Inside I added a deckled edged panel to write a note, and added a glossy resin succulent sticker as well.


Since I had everything out anyhow, I went ahead and made a second card using the rest of the sheet of succulent paper. I wanted something soft and pretty so the Scalloped Card with Thanks die set was just perfect. A couple more glossy resin succulent stickers and some fine white twine were also added.


Lots of room inside to write our message, and I did go ahead and add another sticker.


Into my stash with these two.

Supplies:
Succulent Birdcage - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Waterbrush
Wink of Stella
Marvy LePlume II markers
Succulent Serenity patterned paper - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Stickles
Blue and white card stocks
Card, Scallop with Thanks sentiments - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Shimmer Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Black fine point marker
Deckle edge rectangle dies - Tim Holtz (Sizzix)
Fun foam
Succulent resin stickers - Michaels
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!