Wednesday 11 July 2018

Seven Cards made with Cut Aparts.

Good morning friends

For my July Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Card, I used several fun Cut Aparts from Simple Stories. You can see that card HERE. I decided not to put the remaining pieces in a drawer, but get them all onto cards and just enjoy the process. So today's post shows the seven cards I made with the remaining Cut Aparts!

Up first, this burger image made me think of Father's Day. Probably because I was working on the cards on our Father's Day weekend. Anyhow, that is what I went with and this one will put this away to use next year.


I added some glossy accents for some shine ...


 Here is a peek at the inside, with a word banner and fussy cut watermelon for the 'chillin' part of the 'Grillin' & Chillin' from the front. The Happy Father's Day is from a Pink and Main stamp set.


For my second card, I couldn't resist using the flamingo Cut Apart, fussy cutting it from the woodgrain background it was printed on. I liked the idea of the woodgrain background paired with the floral paper, so cut one using paper from my stash. I wanted the flamingo popped up as I love a little dimension on my cards.




For card number three, I actually used two identical Cut Aparts. I had purchased two sheets as they were printed on both sides and I liked the images on both sides and couldn't decide on just one! The cactus & pots were fussy cut then layered over the printed ones with foam tape.




Card number four uses a bunch of scraps, asa well as the VW bus, which was fussy cut from it's Cut Apart. The striped 'I Heart Summer' was so cheerful, I added the VW bus with foam tape above the words.


When I was fussy cutting images from the Cut Aparts, I hung onto all the little scraps, as they made good borders etc as shown on this card. I did purchase a couple of sheets of coordinating patterned paper to go with the Cut Aparts though, so that also helped make the cards together easily.



For card number five, I decided to cut down the cute floral Cut Apart. With careful layering I was able to use a second 'I Heart Summer' panel. 


The scalloped border is actually the cake trim from Karen Burniston's Cake Pop-Up, and the hello is from the new Word Set 6.



For card number six I had a pair of fussy cut sunglasses leftover from my DT card, so adhered it over the sun Cut Apart, and the 'keep cool' was a leftover piece from a different panel. I notched the edges to make it a banner and adhered it with foam tape.


A little bling and some Glossy Accents give the card some shine.


I was running low on bits and pieces I could use by this time, so fussy cut a few cameras from the patterned paper and added them inside the card.


Finally, here is card number seven and I made it a shaker card using some fussy cut images from the Cut Aparts and a few sequins.


Because I chose to use only a single layer of foam tape for my shaker, the elements don't move around too much and the card will be easy to mail.



Finally, here is a look at all seven of the cards together.


I really had a blast making these cards! My stash has been replenished and I think I'm done working with Cut Aparts for awhile. I do love them though, and still have a couple of sheets in my craft room to work on at some point.


Supplies for Card #1 - Burger
Cut Apart and patterned paper scraps - Simple Stories
Kraft, red and white card stocks
Fun foam
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Happy Father's Day stamp - Pink & Main
Glossy Accents
Copic marker

Supplies for card #2 - Flamingo
Cut Apart - Simple Stories
Woodgrain patterned paper - My Minds Eye
White card stock
Words - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Sakura black glaze pen
Stickles
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Banner punch - Stampin' Up

Supplies for card #3 - Happy Day Cactus
Cut Apart - Simple Stories
Bakers Twine
Stickles
Fun foam
Banner Punch - Stampin' Up
Copic marker
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Supplies for Card #4 - VW Bus
Cut apart - Simple Stories
Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella
White card stock
Copic marker
Bakers Twine
Fun foam
Banner punch - Stampin' Up

Supplies for Card #5 - Floral Cluster
Cut Aparts and patterned paper- Simple Stories
White, red and blue card stocks
Stickles
Bakers Twine
Fun foam
Wink of Stella
Washi Tape

Supplies for Card #6 - Sunshine & Sunglasses
Cut Aparts and patterned paper - Simple Stories
Wink of Stella
Holographic 'gem' stickers - Stampendous
Copic marker
White and yellow card stocks
Glossy Accents

Supplies for Card #7 - Pop Bottles
Cut Aparts and patterned paper - Simple Stories
White and blue card stocks
Reverse Scallop with Optional Stripes die - Your Next Stamp
Holographic 'gem' stickers - Stampendous
Sequin mix
Copic marker
Bakers Twine
Blueprints #21 (banner) - MFT Stamps
Crayola Markers
Water brush
Wink of Stella
Acetate


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!