Tuesday 10 July 2018

Paper Pro's Challenge Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Hello and welcome to our  Paper Pro's challenge for July. The Paper Pro's are a group of creative friends that used to make up the Designer Challenge Team when Karen Burniston was a licensed designer at ECD. We continue to share and challenge each other and this month Raquel issues the challenge:  In A Name - Use a die that has a letter from your name or names.

Of course, I used the Katherine Label (K for Karen) for my card! The Narwal stamps were in my recent Pink and Main order so I wanted to use them as well. Since Narwals are often called 'The Unicorns of the Sea' I went with a whimsical colour scheme.


I'm actually giving you a bit of a sneak peek as well. The circle background stamp is by Darkroom Door and I received it for an upcoming blog hop. I'll give the details on how I made the background on the 24th, which is when we are doing the hop. But I had a leftover panel and decided to use it for my card today rather than find something else to use and hang onto this panel until after the blog hop card is posted. The colours worked so well with my fun Narwals!



As the card is opened, the Narwal that could be seen through the front window pops up and you also see an additional two Narwals!


I used a stencil inside, just random areas, picking it up and moving it around to add colour.  Once it was done though I decided I wasn't crazy about the random overlapping. I'll use it 'properly' the next time.


These Narwal stamps are so cute, all decked out in party gear.  They were a lot of fun to colour.


You get such a lot of dimension with the Katherine Label - it's a fun Pop-Up and one I get a lot of use from. In the photo below you also et a better look at the fun Pink and Main stencil.


The Paper Pro's challenge is a casual one with a varying number of participants each month


Karen Aicken (that's me!)

Supplies:
White & teal card stocks
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Narwal stamp set - Pink & Main
Four Point Stars stencil - Pink & Main
Circle background stamp - Darkroom Door
Magical Shakers - Lyndy's Stamp Gang
Zig clean colour markers
White embossing powder
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Acetate scrap
Stickles
Sakura White Gel Pen
Sakura Black Glaze Pen
Staedtler fine point markers
Crayola markers
Water brush
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up (banner) - Karen Burniston
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up (word bubble) - Karen Burniston

Thanks for stopping by today

SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Cute stencil! reminds me of the "coffee rings" rubber stamp. (Tim Holtz, I think)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!