Wednesday 21 February 2024

Sympathy Card Trio


I pulled out this box of note cards and wanted to see what I could do with them. I HAD to have them when I saw them a few years ago, but I tend to forget that I have them. I have a matching sticker sheet so I got that out as well and decided to make three sympathy cards for my stash.

The first note card was cut in half along the score line, then the front was trimmed slightly smaller before adding it to a folded white A2 sized card base. After using a blending brush to add some colour to the centre I stamped the words with a dark grey ink. Then I added two small die cut butterflies which brings out the copper foiling on the floral image. I also added some glitter dots that were originally gold, but I coloured them with a brown alcohol marker so they look more coppery.


Inside I trimmed down the back note card panel then adhered it inside the card.  The sentiment was stamped on an inked scalloped circle and I added another copper butterfly with thin foam tape.


The second note card was cut in half along the score line and then the front was cut slightly smaller (4 x 5.25"). It was then attached to one of the other printed note cards in the package - the black with polka dots. I stamped the With Sympathy with grey ink on a scrap of white card stock then fussy cut it out and popped it up in the centre of the wreath with foam tape.

Adding one of the coordinating stickers to the lower left of the wreath and then a copper butterfly to the top right and some coloured Glitter Dots finished off the front.


Below is the inside of the second card. You can see I cut down the back of the notecard and added a stamped sentiment as I did on the card above. 


This third card was done the same as the above card only using a green ink for the With Sympathy.


The note card package also has a couple of black and white printed ones that I haven't used very much. So I cut one down for the inside of this final card to use as a mat behind the stamped panel.


Supplies used:
Foiled note cards - the Paper Studio
3D Stickers - the Paper Studio
Inside Out Sympathy - Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Scallop Circle die - Divinity Designs
Glitter Dots
Alcohol markers
Copper metallic cardstock
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!