Thursday 15 February 2024

Daisy Z Fold Card


Today I'm sharing the 11th card made with Paper Roses' Bee Happy cardmaking kit - and this one went to a friend who recently had surgery. I actually used a printed note card for the base, turning it inside out so the print was on the inside. The center score line was already there, so I added a 2nd one at 2-1/8" on the left (patterned) side to give me the Z-Fold base.

For additional contrast inside, I used a yellow ombre note card that I've had for several years. Both note card sets I've had for at least that long, and I'm trying to remember to USE them. I trimmed the ombre note card front slightly smaller so I would have the yellow border all around the outer edge and adhered it inside the card. 

The stitched oval was cut from the back of the note card and added to the front with some of the ephemera in the kit. The wax seal piece was given a coat of Nuvo Glaze to make it look more like a real was seal and I added a stamped sentiment to finish off the front.


Inside I added a stamped sentiment along with a gold foil bee sticker, then added another sticker to the Kraft envelope.



Supplies used:
Patterned note card & Ombre note card - Hobby Lobby (old)
Lacy Oval dies - Waffle Flower
Nuvo Glaze
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Bakers Twine
Front sentiment - More Essential Sentiments, MFT Stamps
Inside sentiment - Wishing You Well,  Scrapbook .com
Foiled bee sticker - Amazon .ca

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea to use the note card inside out. (They also are good for Flip Its but depending on which you choose it becomes 5" x 51/2" ) The ombre oval is a great background for the oval. nicely done. BB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!