Sunday 4 February 2024

Five Teal & Purple Birthday Cards


I really loved the colours in this 6x6" patterned package that has been in my stash for years. It didn't come with a header or any printing on the cover sheet so I have no idea who makes it or even where I got it! At any rate, I was in the mood to make some birthday cards for the nursing home so I played with a few of the sheets and some different layouts and this is what I came up with.

Once the patterned papers were all cut and adhered to the card bases, I went through my zippered binder of embellishments and found items to add. Then I knew what size my Happy Birthday stamp should be, so I cut the white hexagon labels as well.

The flowers are old peel off stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs that I had adhered to heavy cardstock then coloured with markers before fussy cutting. I have a number of them still in the binder but it was good to use two of them at least. Then I saw the butterfly, probably Cricket cut years ago, and since the colours matched I added that to one of the cards. 


On two of the cards I used alcohol markers to colour puffy compass stickers so they would coordinate, thinking they would work good for more masculine cards. Those ones also got a coloured puffy sticker inside.


All done and ready to go!


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - unknown as no information on package!
Stitched Nested Label dies - Stampin' Up
Peel off Stickers and Butterfly - old, from my stash
Enamel Sticker Icons - Stampin' Up
Alcohol markers
Happy Birthday Many Ways, Catherine Pooler

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!