Monday 5 February 2024

Lakeside Scene Birthday Card

Welcome to Masculine Card Monday here on my blog!

Today I'm sharing another birthday card made using my Grassy Grove stamps & dies - this time I used scenic patterned paper to cut the forest piece and I loved the look!. I will be doing this again for sure.

Then I couldn't decide on what to put behind the die cut forest ... nothing seemed to look right. Finally I pulled out a stencil set from Crafters Companion and created a scene on white card stock using blending brushes and dye inks. One of the included stencils had the flying geese so I added them to the patterned paper layer, and a single goose on the stencilled panel. There was still room to stamp Happy Birthday in the center so I didn't need to add a fishtail banner or anything else to the card front. I matted the panel on cinnamon card stock then added it to a card base.


Inside are more stencilled birds above a stamped sentiment. I added the leftover strip from the patterned paper used on the front and then stamped the trees.


Supplies used:
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Grassy Grove bundle - Stampin' Up
Happy Birthday Many Ways - Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler inks
Inside sentiment - At The Lake, Hero Arts
6.5 x 5" card base and envelope - Michaels

2 comments:

  1. Great effect on the die cut forest using the patterned paper. I couldn't tell fromFB so had to come check out the details. I thought maybe watercolored.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!