Tuesday 20 February 2024

Beehive Half Shutter Card


Last year I bought the Beehive Magic Iris Add-On dies (Lawn Fawn) because I knew I could use it for more than just a Magic Iris Card. Today created a Half Shutter Card and used the beehive as the focal point. I am so happy with how it turned out!


The bee patterned paper is too cute and I pulled out these bee dies from Marianne Designs to embellish the card.


I love that the Half Shutter Card die set (Divinity Designs) comes with the layering dies - it makes it so quick and easy to complete the card base and all that's left is my choice for decorating! I added a hexagon where I can write a personal greeting and the tiny daisy's are in Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up die set. 



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Busy as a Bee, Echo Park
Bee dies - Elines Bees, Marianne Designs
White pearl cardstock
Magic Iris Beehive Add On - Lawn Fawn
Nested Hexagon dies - Pinkfresh Studios
Stitched circle - leftover from previous Magic Iris cards
Front sentiment - Thinking of You, Penny Black
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Daisy's - Twist Flower Pop Up, Karen Burniston
Alcohol markers
Stickles glitter glue

3 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful card and I would love to make it but I don.t own any of those dies so I.ll just like yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have hoarded that bee background paper. I don't know what for, I have LOTS of bee stuff. Bravo to you for using it, because it makes a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!