Friday 16 February 2024

Eight Desert Themed Birthday Cards


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

It's no secret that I love making Z Fold Cards, and since I am going to need several masculine birthday cards in the next little while I pulled out the October 2019 Sheetload of Cards.

I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube:



I've had this paper pad for a number of years and I like that some of the sheets have gold foiling on them. It was fun to pick the four different patterns to use with the Sheetload cutting guide as well as what die cut elements I would be adding to the fronts. These were cut from black glossy cardstock for a little more pizzazz.


Inside the cards I chose a couple of Funny Bones sentiments and alternated which ones went with which cards.


There are two of each silhouette design so I have enough variety to choose what card goes to which friend/family member.


I thought this sentiment went perfectly with the horseback riders above.


I love this 'bucking bronco' die so it was fun to get it out again.


Below is one more of the funny sentiments.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Desert Dream, Recollection (old)
Stitched oval dies - MFT Stamps
Black glossy cardstock
Feather dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs (old)
Bucking horse - Paper Rose
Cactus & Pot - Paper Rose
Cowboys & Cactus Silhouettes - Divinity Designs
Small Happy Birthday - Birthday Banners, Stampin' UP
Larger Happy Birthday - Happy Birthday Many Ways, Catherine Pooler
Inside sentiments - Funny Bones, Riley & Company
Gold Nuvo Drops

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!