Tuesday 13 February 2024

Four Pop Up Valentine Cards


I have had these 6x6" Valentine papers for years - but I won't buy any new pads until I use these ones up. There are quite a few smaller bits and paper strips in the packages as well from previous years cards so it will be a few years before I can call them done.  Today I am sharing four Pop Up cards made with a bunch of older product from my Valentine's bin.


The ephemera packages still have some cute images in them and of course a package of doily's lasts FOREVER. I pulled out both for the front of this card as well as the little Happy Valentine's Day banner. I bought a package of those at Michaels about 10 years ago, ha ha and I'm still using them every year.


Inside is a simple box pop up using more ephemera and a cute banner piece. The Sweet Valentines stamp was from the $1 bins at Michaels many years ago.


The second card uses a similar layout to the one above, another doily from a different package, enamel hearts and more ephemera from the packages. The sentiment is from MFT - their Essential Sentiments. Another stamp set I have got a lot of use out of over the years.


Inside this one is a double box pop up... 


I loved these little sloth images, so used them for the next two cards. Both are explosion cards. I loved using up a full sheet of paper for each of them. 😊


I do have a couple of YouTube videos showing different ways to fold the papers for these. Explosion Cards (which I have been making for over 30 years!!!) so I will line one HERE for you.


These cards also use lots of foam tape so ended up being fairly bulky. But I will be hand delivering them to our grandkids tomorrow when they come to visit. 




Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Be Mine, Pebbles
Ephemera - old, unknown
Doily's - from my stash
Lacy Circle dies - Waffle Flower
Happy Valentine's Day fishtail flag - old, Recollections
Black gel pen
Narrow seam binding - Stampin' Up
Heart Enamel Dots - Recollections
Essential Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Nested heart dies - Hero Arts
Happy Valentine's Day - A Stamp In The Hand
Banner - Recollections
Short Crosshatch Rectangles - Karen Burniston
Sweet Valentine's Day stamp - Recollections
Catherine Pooler dye inks

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!