Wednesday 28 February 2024

Christmas Card Duo in Blues


I want to work on my holiday cards throughout the year, hopefully making a couple each month. Here are the two cards I made in February - a Slimline and a 5x7" & card. I'm loving the winter scene patterned paper (Hunkydory) and managed to get both cards out of a single 8x8" sheet!

I haven't used vellum in awhile, so that is how I added the stamped sentiment. I like that you can still see the scene through the vellum. Of course I added the Winter Owl die cut, which I LOVE ... and it was cut from white pearl cardstock then lightly inked on the feathers with brown ink. I added a scrap of white cardstock behind the body to keep all those fallaway bits in the die cut, but did let the ones on the wings fall away.


Some silver snowflake stickers & Glitter Dots added the holiday sparkle I like and my card fronts were done.


Here is a peek at the inside of the cards:


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Frosted Forests & Falling Flakes, Hunkydory (now retired)
Vellum
Words - Christmas Classics - Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Silver Snowflake Peel Offs - Stamp On It
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Winter Owls Bundle - Stampin' Up
White Pearl cardstock
Inside sentiment - Wonderful Christmas - Waffle Flower

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!